Monday, June 4, 2012

You Go Girl!

In chapter 19, when Heathcliff told Catherine would have to work for Heathcliff in order to stay; he also said that Linton was punished when he found out that he helped Catherine out of the room. Furious, Catherine retorts that her and Linton are actually in love, despite Linton's behavior, while Heathcliff has no love at all.So, no matter how much Heathcliff tortures them, Catherine says that they would have revenge knowing that how Heathcliff acts is from his great miseryI thought that that was very brave of her, even though it probably had no affect on Heathcliff; it was definitely worth a try.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... I'm afraid I posted about the same conversation between young Catherine and Heathcliff. That is kind of funny because I was thinking of naming my post the EXACT SAME NAME as this post! Yes, I thought Catherine's retor was powerful. And I agree that it may not have had any effect on the cold-hearted Heathcliff but I think that Catherine did something great nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete