Wednesday, June 6, 2012

To Reflect

The ending of the story was satisfying for it shed a little light on the characters for once, without all the gloom and doom. Characters got married and peace was restored to Wuthering Heights. I enjoyed the story for it was a change in my usual reading repertoire. However, even though it was not what I had expected it still met my expectations of a great book. I may have enjoyed more happy endings rather than making them so scarce but I guess I can't have everything. In all, I would recommend Wuthering Heights to a passionate reader.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the ending was on a somewhat positive note. However, I feel like the story felt really lonely at the end because it seemed like a majority of the characters were missing (dead) and that there were only a few people left to occupy the huge manors. The people that were talking about the ghost of Heathcliff scared me, bringing back memories of the ghost outside the window (which I was hoping I could put behind me). Overall the ending was quite good. I especially loved the last couple paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete