Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Initial Thoughts

When I first started reading the book It took me quite some time to get used to the style of writing which Bronte uses. She writes in what I call "old English". At first I was very reluctant to read the book because im not too interested in love stories and problems that persist in in love. However, I am liking what I have read so far. Some of the main chareters such as Nelly, Lockwood, Heathcliff, and Catharine are introduced and I can't wait to read on!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I was actually super bored when I first started reading, especially since there was no handsome man and beautiful girl to fall in love or meet right away. There was only miserable Heathcliff and Lockwood. It made me sort of reluctant to continue reading and push on but it did get better as the story hit chapter 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writing was definitely quirky and not what I usually like to read but I, for some odd reason that I fail to understand, liked the writing style from the very beginning. I usually don't like "old English" types books either, Monika! Thus, I was surprised to find out that I was interested in the book right away, though I found some of the details tedious to read. The writing style is interesting and sentences are framed in unexpected ways that manage to still make sense in some odd way. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete