Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Twilight Saga

The first time I heard of Wuthering Heights was the summer of going into sixth grade. I was first reading the Twilight Saga for the first time. The author, Stephanie Meyer, makes many allusions to the book Wuthering Heights because she is also a fan. The main character, Bella, loves the book Wuthering Heights and reads it many times. Her love, Edward, detests the book but often reads it with her. I found this very interesting, because this illustrates and proves that Wuthering Heights is not just a book meant to be read in school but also ties in with modern literature that is very popular.

1 comment:

  1. No wonder...when I was reading Wuthering Heights, I kept on thinking of the Twilight series. I just was not able to figure out the correlation between the two books. It was maybe because of the dark love stories the two books portray. But now, because of you, I finally know why.

    ReplyDelete